Can an individual really change a culture? Adam Grant joins Igor and Charles to discuss cultures of non-conformity and giving in the workplace, the perils of cognitive entrenchment, the critical role of culture carriers, and why we should be managing our attention rather than our time. Igor delights in learning of the astoundingly high frequency of dancers among Nobel prize winners, Adam suggests that moral arguments still trump bottom-line arguments in the boardroom, and Charles learns that the secret route to culture-change might be found in asking your boss for advice. Welcome to Episode 19.
- Adam Grant | Books, Podcast, TED Talks, Newsletter, Articles
- Are you a giver or a taker? | Adam Grant - TED Talk
- The surprising habits of original thinkers | Adam Grant - TED Talk
- Adam Grant - The New York Times Column
- In the Company of Givers and Takers - Harvard Business Review
- WorkLife with Adam Grant, a TED podcast